function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rsweetlandrsweetland 

Shared API connection between admin + child users

We are building a Connected App that connects to Salesforce.com only via the APIs (using oAuth).

I would just like to verify the below architecutre would work. (Our goal is to save work for child users by having the company admin globally authenticate the Salesforce connection)

• Our app (separate from Salesforce) has a company-level account. (Single admin who can add multiple child-users)
  • Admin connets their Salesforce.com org (via oAuth).
  • Associated child users do not have to authenticate – they share the admin's Salesforce API connection.
  • Child-account actions in our external app get updated in Salesfoce.
I am new to the Salesforce app world, but am hoping someone knows the answer to this simple question offhand. If anyone could confirm, that would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ryanjuptonryanjupton

I don't believe that would work as each "child" user would have to initialy log in to Salesforce to grant OAuth access. I guess in theory they could share the same login as the administrator but that is a violation of Salesforce TOS. 

All Answers

ryanjuptonryanjupton

I don't believe that would work as each "child" user would have to initialy log in to Salesforce to grant OAuth access. I guess in theory they could share the same login as the administrator but that is a violation of Salesforce TOS. 

This was selected as the best answer
rsweetlandrsweetland
Makes sense about the TOS. That's exactly what I was afraid of. Fortunately the oAuth process is pretty easy. Thanks Ryan!