function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ndunnndunn 

Account Name parameter not pulling correctly into report

I followed the instructions to create a report that pulls in the Company Name as a parameter. The report works fine, except for companies that end in ", Inc." or ", LLC", etc.

For some reason, the parameter removes the space between the comma and "Inc", so that no results are returned. Any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks.

Nathan

dmsx2oddmsx2od

Instead of passing Account.Name to the report, pass the Account Id.  That way you won't run into the URL problems that you're having.

Change all your reports to refer to the Id, and all the links.

ndunnndunn

OK, here's my situation - we identify when an insurance agent is involved with an Account by populating a field named "AOR Agent". There are a few other fields on the Account record that trigger off of that field, to pull in the Company Name, the Account ID, etc.

Then on the Agency record, we had a button that lists all accounts where they are listed as the Agent of Record (AOR). The current filter on the report is "AOR Agency = [blank]". By leaving the Value blank, it somehow pulls the current Account Name for the report.

But when I change the filter to "AOR Agency SFDC Account ID = [blank]", it doesn't auto-populate the Value field.

Any ideas?

mjackmetavantemjackmetavante
I'm running into the same problem with mass email views, but account ID is not available in the field list.
mjackmetavantemjackmetavante
Got it. Report parameters are comma seperated. If the data actually contains a comma, enclose it in quotes.