function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LaurentDelcLaurentDelc 

IDE keeps wanting to "upgrade" to Summer 09

Hi,

I have installed Eclipse 3.5 RC2 and installed the new IDE plugin for Spring 10.

But after restarting it asks me to "upgrade" to Summer 09, and prevents me from saving.

Anybody had this issue and know how to solve this?

Cheers,

Laurent

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
LaurentDelcLaurentDelc

The upgrade worked and seems to have corrected the problem.

Conclusion: 

- the startPage lets you know your version

- if you get this problem just RE-update

Cheers,

Laurent

All Answers

JonPJonP

Did you install an older version of the Force.com IDE into this Eclipse instance too?  Note that prior to Spring '10, the Force.com IDE did not support Eclipse 3.5.

Jon

salesforce.com Product Manager

LaurentDelcLaurentDelc

No. I started from scratch as explained in the documentation.

Everything went smooth except this problem.

For information this problem was also happening with older versionj of IDE+IDE plugin.

It is quite annoying as I can't "force it" to Spring 10.

FabFab

Were you trying to open an existing project?  If so, what version of the API was that project using?

LaurentDelcLaurentDelc

Yes I was trying to open an existing project. It was supposed to be Fall 09 I guess as it was the last API version supported by the IDE. Then as described by the documentation I upgraded to Spring 09 without any problem. It's only after one day or so that I got this "upgrade to Summer 09" problem starting.

But as mentioned we had this "upgrade to Summer 09'" problem before so I can't be sure, especially because as far as I know there is no way to know which version you are working with.

JonPJonP

You may want to uninstall any older versions of the IDE.  Eclipse can be funny about managing different plugin versions sometimes.

LaurentDelcLaurentDelc

If you are talking about another version of the IDE plugin into the same instance of Eclipse, then I already answered No to this question. 

To sum up: 

- I had Eclipse 3.3 + Fall 09 IDE plugin

- Now I have Eclipse 3.5 + spring 10 IDE plugin

At no point I had several versions of the plugin in the same instance.

I couldn't so far understand what caused this error to start happening. Sometimes it happens on all projects, sometimes it doesn't.

Any idea on the cause? Is any version management planned for release? What to do when this error start happening?

Cheers,

Laurent

JonPJonP

Can you share a screenshot, with the open Start Page in the background?

I actually searched the IDE 18.0 source code and couldn't find a single reference to "Summer" outside some HTML help files.

LaurentDelcLaurentDelc

Sure, here it is.

Thanks for the support by the way! I know this bug sounds a little bit

crazy...

Screenshot

JonPJonP

That Start Page shows the Summer '09 logo (v16), not Spring '10 (v18).  You seem to have the wrong IDE version installed!

LaurentDelcLaurentDelc

Ok I am trying to update right now.

But I am 100% sure that I installed the latest version and ONLY the latest version. My API 18 version project was compiling, and everything was fine. Which means the IDE plugin DOWNGRADED without telling me.

This problem happened also on previous version.

LaurentDelcLaurentDelc

The upgrade worked and seems to have corrected the problem.

Conclusion: 

- the startPage lets you know your version

- if you get this problem just RE-update

Cheers,

Laurent

This was selected as the best answer