function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
santoshsantosh 

Unable to login to Force.com IDE

In one of my Sandbox ORG's, I've my IP range added, and I am able to login to the website, but the Force.com IDE simply won't allow me in...keeps telling me that my credentials are wrong.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
EnzigmaEnzigma

I have exactly same problem. I have been using Eclipse IDE for many months now. I was working yesterday on a Apex project and sudenly IDE froze. I had to kill the IDE and start it again. But since then I am not able to connect to Salesforce using IDE for any of the existing projects or new projects. I keep getting the error "Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.".

I have our IP in the network security still I also tried with security token and no luck.

I tried using older version that 13 of Force.com IDE still no luck. So I went ahead and downloaded latest version of IDE Eclipse 3.2.2 and Force.com plugin, still the same problem.

Strangest part is I have a team of almost 10 people working using this IDE on their machine but only me and one more member in the team have this problem that too since yesterday.

I have tried connecting to various diffrent salesforce accounts and no luck. IDE is talking to the Salesforce.com server and getting the repsonse because I can see the accesslog that partner application is trying to login and the Password is invalid in the log.

Overall i am stuck and can't get the IDE working.

Please help!!

All Answers

shillyershillyer

Have you tried using the security token?

Hope that helps,

Sati

EnzigmaEnzigma

I have exactly same problem. I have been using Eclipse IDE for many months now. I was working yesterday on a Apex project and sudenly IDE froze. I had to kill the IDE and start it again. But since then I am not able to connect to Salesforce using IDE for any of the existing projects or new projects. I keep getting the error "Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.".

I have our IP in the network security still I also tried with security token and no luck.

I tried using older version that 13 of Force.com IDE still no luck. So I went ahead and downloaded latest version of IDE Eclipse 3.2.2 and Force.com plugin, still the same problem.

Strangest part is I have a team of almost 10 people working using this IDE on their machine but only me and one more member in the team have this problem that too since yesterday.

I have tried connecting to various diffrent salesforce accounts and no luck. IDE is talking to the Salesforce.com server and getting the repsonse because I can see the accesslog that partner application is trying to login and the Password is invalid in the log.

Overall i am stuck and can't get the IDE working.

Please help!!

This was selected as the best answer
vijethavijetha

Dear all

did any one solve this problem, i am getting same error

pls help

thanx in advance

loonforceloonforce

I did not figure out why my sandbox password/token were not being accepted, but changing my password in the sandbox and getting a new security token made everything work.

-Arch

Michael Foster 5Michael Foster 5

Same problem. I changed password and reset token to get new one.