function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RKRK 

Displaying a Pop-up of Multi-Picklist Values From Existing Field

Hey all,
I recently saw a post come through via my RSS feed that provided some sample code around how to get a pop-up box to appear in an SControl that would provide a user a list of data elements in a drop down, one of which they could "select" and click "Submit".  Unfortunately, I cleared out my feed reader and cannot find the post anymore

I would like to use something like this to create a pop-up window that i could put on a contact record that would plug a selectable value into an existing report.

For example, I could have a link to a report on teh contact record, and upon clicking the link the user would be prompted with a box that contains all the unique values of a multi-select field on the opportunity object (Product on the opportunity, for example).  The value that the user selects could then via the SControl be pumped into an existing report, thereby negating the need for the user to navigate to the reports tab and change the parameter on the existing report.

Does this ring a bell with anyone? 

Here's to a great Dreamforce..

RK
Greg HGreg H
I recently wrote a post about mimicing the lookup functionality from within an sControl.  I don't know if this is exactly what you are looking for but this may prove helpful.
-greg

Message Edited by Greg H on 09-14-2007 07:13 AM

RKRK
Thanks for the reply, Greg.

I'll play around with it and see what I can pull together.  Should I be successful, I'll post my resultant code.