function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ARAR 

Eclipse 's wizard won't select Apex control to create new S-Control

I'm on page 44 in the force.com Cookbook, at number 2. Inside the Eclipse package explorer I'd selected New > Other > Wizard Selection > Apex > Apex Control to create a new s-control, but upon clicking "Next" (to specify the name and label for the s-control) nothing happens.

How do I address this problem? I'd arleady restarted Eclipse (3.2.2).

Thanks.
A.
Ron HessRon Hess
if i get stuck at that point, i just go into the app, create the scontrol , then go back into eclipse and reload all scontrols and it shows up.
MyGodItsColdMyGodItsCold
I just did it & it worked fine. Here's what was going on:

First, I'm on Eclipse 3.3.0 (I know, 3.2.2 is what's recommended).

Next, I have a project open, and expanded (clicking on + left of it, shows Apex Classes, etc.).

I do happen to have a number of S-Controls, so I don't know that it works if you're starting with that folder empty.

I have highlighted the project name.

Then, I right clicked on white space within the Package Explorer window, chose New, Other, Apex, S-Control - and it took me into the dialog box to choose type, name, etc. I then followed thru & it did create the S-Control - it opened an editor with html head tag naming the script elements.
cwall_sfdccwall_sfdc
Hey AR.

Which version of the toolkit are you using?

Can you send me the toolkit's log containing the new S-Control action?  You can find the log here: $workspace/.metadata/.plugins/com.appexchange.toolkit/salesforce-toolkit.log.

-Chris
cwall@salesforce.com
ARAR
Hi cwall_sfdc,

I am not sure what the version of the Apex toolkit I have. It was "installed" per the instructions on page 16, number 5,  in the Cookbook, when finding and installing new features, after I launched my new copy of Eclipse.This was just about a week ago. I  could not find Apex toolkit anywhere in my local files, even though it's listed in the Wizard Selection window.

As for the toolkit's log, I couldn't find this either. In the $workspace/.metadata/.plugins/ directory, there are only files that began with "org.eclipse..." Nothing with "Apex" in the file name.

I had already attempted to Find and Install twice, thinking perhaps the first attempt was incomplete. Any ideas?

thanks!
ARAR
Hi MyGodItsCold,

I tried your suggestion with one s-control captured from the first book Creating On-Demand Applications, the Candidtate Map, which I had saved it as a .html file. But, I couldn't get it to appear in the left window. It opens only in the middle window and I don't see any option to save it as a project.

MyGodItsCold wrote:

....Then, I right clicked on white space within the Package Explorer window, chose New, Other, Apex, S-Control - and it took me into the dialog box to choose type, name, etc. I then followed thru & it did create the S-Control - it opened an editor with html head tag naming the script elements.

This is where I got stuck. When I click on Apex Control  (there is no "S-Control," but I presume it was renamed in the version I am using) and then Next, nothing happens.

thanks for replying!
ARAR
Hi Ron,

I'm still trying to figure how how to "reload all scontrols" in Eclipse. I have one S-Control I could load, but not sure how to do it in Eclipse.

I'm such a dork...

thanks!