function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Madhura BMadhura B 

Unable to sort picklist values alphabetically

Hi,

I added few new values to a picklist field. The values were not sorted alphabetically earlier so I tried doing it now after adding my new values and I get this error.

Conflict Encountered During Save

You attempted to save changes that conflicted with the changes of another user. Please try again. 

Click here to return to the previous page.

Any ideas?

Sagar PareekSagar Pareek

you checked that checkbox sort alphabetically earlier 

AshlekhAshlekh

Hi ,

Please try this.

Consider I am creating a new picklist field on object.

Then I fill the all fields like name of field and value of picklist Like a b d  in this order. And last I check the checkbox to short alfabatically and save it. When I see the filed on edit page or detail page the all the values are shorted like ( a b d) .

Now i have to add new value in this filed which is 'c' then i go on this filed and click on field label and then click on  new button and add my new value 'c' in that field and then i click on reorder button which is next to new button and check the checkbox to short alfabatically and  click save button. In last i got my values in this order abcd.

try this you surly got your answer .

Thanks.

Ashlekh Gera

If you like my post or solve you problem then Don't forget to give KUDOS if post helped you.

Madhura BMadhura B

Hi All

Thanks for your replies

That's exctly how I had tried sorting my picklist values but it still wouldn't work.

I raised a case with salesforce and they asked me to refresh my sandbox.

That was the only resolution.

Dan VegaDan Vega
I just ran into the same issue and was able to reorder by downloading the metadata and reordering the items in the picklist and then deploying the metadata back to the sandbox.  I still get the error when trying to re-order manually, but this method allowed me to re-order the picklist without a refresh.

Hope that helps someone.