function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rakesh ERakesh E 

Regarding Full sandbox and production org record IDs

Hi,

i have created a full sandbox from my production org. as we know record IDs are identical in both these orgs for records that are migrated from production org. so whenever i update a record in my production , the same updation is not happening in sandbox. i thought as the record ids are same both records(sandbox and production) are pointing to same data in the backend , but it is not.

so please let me know how salesforce maintains this and why the record IDs are same(is there any specifi reason for that)

thanks in advance

Regards,

Rakesh

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
_Prasu__Prasu_
Whatever updates you make on Production will never happen on Sandbox. Full Sandbox is just a copy of the Production. They are not synced with each changes automatically.

Many Organization write the code which they want to test with actual data, so Full sandbox helps in such conditions. Having record Ids gives clear idea how it will behave once pushed to production.

All Answers

Sagar PareekSagar Pareek

As far as i know  Ids are same in Full sandbox and production only.

First  make sure you have full sandbox !

Now consider this : if you have created anything on sandbox and sent to production then Ids are not same

But if you have created anything on production and sent it to full sandbox then Ids are identical.

Let me know if i am correct and getting your problem .

haddockhaddock

The process that creates the sandbox copy does just that.  It copies the data.  The only thing that changes is the tenant ID (org id) and the uesrnames.  The underlying records are copies of the originals with the same IDs.

_Prasu__Prasu_
Whatever updates you make on Production will never happen on Sandbox. Full Sandbox is just a copy of the Production. They are not synced with each changes automatically.

Many Organization write the code which they want to test with actual data, so Full sandbox helps in such conditions. Having record Ids gives clear idea how it will behave once pushed to production.
This was selected as the best answer
sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

There is a special type of Sandbox is "Full copy" sandbox which is a replica of PRODUCTION org but we can not code in PROD thats why we need this one. It is not always in sync with PRDO like if you do any change in Sandbox that will not be reflected in PROD. but whenever you refresj sandbox from PROD it will get a new state just similar to PROD and lost provious state of it.