function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
vsabbellavsabbella 

unable to deploy custom fields on custom object into another organization using migration tool(ANT)

I am trying to use ant migration tool to deploy custom fields from developer org to full sandbox.

I am able to retrieve the custom fields from source org into the object file successfully. 

I am not able to deploy the retrieved custom fields into the target organization.

it says customobject.object__c(customobject.myfield__c) :not in package.xml.

Build.xml used to retrieve:

<target name="retrievefields">
<mkdir dir="retrievedfields"/>
<!-- retrieve custom fields from a custom object -->
<sf:retrieve username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" retrieveTarget="retrievedfields" unpackaged="customfields/package.xml"/>
</target>

Build used to deploy:

<target name="deployfields">
<!-- deploy the retrieved custom fields from custom object into another org -->
<sf:deploy username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" deployRoot="retrievedfields">
</sf:deploy>
</target>
</project>

retrievedfields folder has the pagckage.xml  and objects folder with object created.

when i make the deployroot to point to the same folder it created. it is still saying it did not find the field in manifest file.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cloud CredenceCloud Credence

Hi,

sandbox server url is test.salesforce.com right? have you configured that correctly?

Thanks

vsabbellavsabbella

The server url is test.salesforce.com. This is only when I try to  add some new fields in the child object in the target organization

Prafull G.Prafull G.
can you post the package.xml file?
sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

I think problem is with yout package.xml file can you please share that so I can go in deep level.