function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DuncanFarthingDuncanFarthing 

SSO Salesforce as an Identity provider

Hi,

I need to setup an intranet site which will not hold any user accounts and will instead use salesforce as the identity provider despite the login actually being instigated from the intranet(service provider) site.

Follow-on question:

Following the authentication we need to communicate with the salesforce api using the credentials /token from the initial login.

Is it possible to work in this way and has anyone got any experience of doing something along these lines or is there a better way?

All help and comments very much appreciated!

benvkbenvk

Haven't used it but you might be looking to set up salesforce as an identity provider: http://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/identity_provider_about.htm

Then you use SAML to ask salesforce to identifier users for you.

I have used it the other way around where salesforce uses another service for its identities which also uses SAML. It's fairly simple once you get the hang of it, but it can be a real pain to actually implement it until then :-/

mk2013mk2013

Hi I have arelated question. We have Weblogic server as or authentication provider. We are using CAS server for SSO.

Once the user is authenticated, we want to be able to log him into salesforce. Any idea how to implement this? I am a total newbie to security. Also can one super user login other users in salesforce?

Thanks,