function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AntonyasLenAntonyasLen 

Sharing setting issue

Hi,

i have an issue with my sharing setthing.

Background:

You can see my roles settings :

I have a B2B France Agent who created an Account A and a Contact C so far no problem.

But here my ORGANIZATION IDE SHARING :

Account is Private and Contact is Controlled by Parent;

Now my B2B China Agent have to work with the same contact (because each team are not seeling the same kind of product.)

The strange fact is that my B2B China agent is able to see the Conctact C created by the B2B France Agent. It's look svery weird because the setting is set as "Private".

Now i'm looking for the best way to allow my B2B China  Agent to work with the same contact but these agent can't see the opportunity or work of each other .

Sincerely,

Antony

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Varun99Varun99

Hi,

Yes you will create sharing rules (2 types) on object wise if you want to restrict or access data.

All Answers

Varun99Varun99

Hi Antony,

I think you go to Criteria based sharing rules on opportunity role wise, user wise or territory wise

you can restrict or access data you have to write up to 300 sharing rules(includes 50 criteria based) on single

object.

Thank you

AntonyasLenAntonyasLen

Do you mean that i need to create an "Opportunity Sharing Rule" ?

Varun99Varun99

Hi,

Yes you will create sharing rules (2 types) on object wise if you want to restrict or access data.

This was selected as the best answer
AntonyasLenAntonyasLen

Hi,

Got it thanks.

But i still asking myself why they can see each others contact because i didn't set any rules and by default it's private.

Sincerely,

Antony

AntonyasLenAntonyasLen

Hi,

It's working with the rules , thanks a lot.

But as i said before, i don't understand why the user can access to each others contact at the begining because it was on "private" mode.

Sincerely,

Antony