function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nbatesnbates 

How can I create multiple System Administrators with limited access

Hi,

I have a Salesforce Enterprise Edition license. The org ID is shared between two different offices, with two different system administrators. Each office has its own customization requirements including custom objects, workflow rules, and Apex classes. Is there a way to limit access to customization of objects and viewing of objects for each system administrator. 

Example:

Office A uses customization 1 and Customization 1 is created by administrator A. 

Office B uses customization 2 and customization 2 is created by administrator B. 

The goal is that Administrator B does not have access  to (or view of) any of Administrator A's custom objects, workflow rules, Apex classes, and VisualForce pages. 

Can this be done? If so, how?

If not, any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nichole

skodisanaskodisana
Hi,

Check if you can use Delegating Administrative.
Navigation below:
Your Name | Setup | Security Controls | Delegated Administration, then click New.

Thanks,
Srikanth. K
Cloud CredenceCloud Credence

Hi,

Try this as well.

Clone System Administrator Profile to two custom profiles, one for each business unit.

uncheck the object visibility on the othe profile. Anyhow someone with System Administator profile has to control which system admin to see what.

Thanks

nbatesnbates

Hi there,

Thanks for your help. I tried it and it doesn;t solve my problem completely. It DOES remove the custom tabs from System Admin B's view. However, when System Admin B goes into "customize" the custom objects of Admin A are still viewable. I don't want System Admin B to see anything related to System Admin A's cuztomization or data and vice versa. I essentially want completely separate views on all levels on SF for Admin A and Admin B; they have their own custom objects and data, the only thing they happen to share is the org id. 

Is that possible?

Thanks

Nichole

Cloud CredenceCloud Credence

Hi Nicole,

There are certain permissions that make a System Administrator the real system admin. For Example View All Data, Modify All Data etc. 

I do not have the list of permissions over my head, but you can try removing one by one these permissions for the system admin B and see what all Sys Admin B can do.

Take up a non System Admin profile and compare its permisisons with system admin permissions. The extra ones checked are the ones that make System Admin as Sytem Admin.

Please let me know know how it goes at the end.