function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
YMMVYMMV 

OAuth flow returns "immediate_unsuccessful" even when user logged in and granted permission

Hello there,

I have a OAuth2 web flow. I set "immediate" to true when requesting the authroization code, in order to probe whether user is logged in and has already granted my access permission. But the callback always return "immediate_unsuccessful", even user is logged in and granted permission already.When I set the "immediate" back to "false", the flow went through without login prompting which proves everything else is working. One observation is if I install theassociated connected app, the problem is gone. I am confused cause my impression is connected app is only to provide client id and secret with some admin policy setting.

Anybody could educate me if there are any correlations between connected-app installation and immediate flag? Or there is some prerequisites to use "immediate" flag beyond the fact user has logged in and user has granted permission?

I am stuck in this issue for days, help greatly appreciated! 

jason

chuckmortimorechuckmortimore

There shouldn't be any correlation between the two.   Could you post your Authorization URL you're using?   Feel free to delete your client_id if you'd like