function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EmplEmpl 

Customer Portal Profile needs Questions Edit Privilege

Hi All,

My customer portal profile  is "Customer Portal", and licence is "Overage Customer Portal Manager Custom" .This profile  does not have permission to edit Questions. How can I grant permissions to this profile(or cloned profile) edit Questions.

Thanks

Vishal.

T-HanT-Han

Open the Profile Settings and then navigate to the Object where the questions are present. Check for the PERMISSIONs and you should be able to figure out from there... Let me know...

EmplEmpl

Hi T-Han,

Thanks for your inputs. Please see the attached screen shot.

http://202.164.49.146/users/bikram/profileStandardObjectPrivileges.png 

For this profile the option to set Edit priviilege is diabled. What am I missing here?

Thanks

Vishal.

T-HanT-Han

Vishal,

Assuming that you are the Admin, you should be able to EDIT the permissions. Can you check what permissions are set for "your Profile" for the Question-obj.. And also check with the Org Wide Defaults too for the Questions - obj.. 

Lemme know..

EmplEmpl
Thanks for responding. But, I am still not clear.

Let me try to put my question back again.

My only concern is to find out whether customer portal user with the
license "Overage High Volume Customer Portal license" and profile "Customer
portal profile" which I assume standard terms can edit the standard object
Question and Reply or not.

Really appreciate your help.
T-HanT-Han

Vishal,

If you create a Custom PROFILE of the profile you need (I can see - High Volume Customer Portal - as a Profile in my org)

You can edit the permissions as you desire.. I was able to clone the HIgh Vol Cx Port and able to edit the Obj Permissions for an Obj where there was NO ACCESS at all for the default High Vol Cs Portal.

You can give CRED/CRE which ever...

I even tried with the Customer Portal Manager Profile - Cloning it.. I was able to change Access..

Lemme kno..