function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
aperillataperillat 

best practice for automated authentication

The current salesforce for zendesk integration does not allow for custom querying or flitered results that I am aware of.

Because of this I am attempting to create a custom remote access app to pull filtered results via SOQL query into a zendesk app to display in zendesk. I have connected to salesforce api using the OAUTH2.0 documentation. I am able to log in and retreive the filtered data fine using a browser with PHP. My problem is I do not want to have to log in to salesforce to authenticate. I have set my connected app to require login 'The first time they use this application' by including the 'refresh-token' option. 

What I need to figure out is how to authenticate programatically, or through the zendesk app. I am curious how this is currently done with the existing salesforce for zendesk app?

I am aware of the posibility of the OAuth 2.0 username-password flow, yet am woried about the security with this method. Is this how the current integration does it or is there a safer method that I am missing?