function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kenji776Kenji776 

Dynamic Task Assignment in Workflow Rules

Hello all,
I have been asked to create a feature, where on an account there are 2 check boxes, one called "Lost Client Tasks" and one called "New Client Tasks", along with two new workflow rules. Each rule corresponds to a box, and creates several tasks. The problem is, I need who those tasks are assigned to to be selectable. Right now it seems you can only hard code in a user, or role which to assign the tasks to. I wanted to have a user lookup box called "Assign Tasks To" where it could pull the name of the person you want to assign the tasks to from. I hope this makes sense, and I really hope there is a way to do it. I tried using the assign to record owner, and having the workflow rule change the owner of the account to the name in the "Assign Tasks To" field, but using a field uipdate you cannot change the Record Owner to the value of another field, only a static value. Anybody have any ideas?
MaxaMaxa

hi,

i'm having same problem, just was wondering if you managed to solve it

GuillermoPGuillermoP

You can't do it via standard process, it has to be done via code.

Clayton Thomas 13Clayton Thomas 13
This should be possible with a Process Builder, but I'm having trouble getting it to work. I have a custom user lookup field on the Opportunity called Designer, and when a task of a specific Type is created, I want that task to be assigned to the Designer. The task is being created from the Opportunity as well, but I'm getting a Flow Error stating:
The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Opportunity__r.Designer_user_lookup__r.Id because it hasn't been set or assigned.
even though I have confirmed that a Designer has been selected for the opportunity.
If anyone can help that would be great!