function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NickNick 

Trying to use Scontrol_URL merge field to get to saved binary file

I am trying to use an Scontrol to save an application file (an MS Word .doc file) and then address it in the corresponding HTML script.

The merge field {!Scontrol_URL} returns a URL to the application file (https://na1.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01N3000000000S0). With an active salesforce.com session, I can paste this into the IE6 address field and it'll bring up the embedded file as expected.

However, when I use this URL inside the Scontrol HTML script, I can't seem to get the URL to work. (I have seen examples where this merge field value is used successfully in "APPLET archive=" and "SCRIPT src=" references, so I don't see how this use is any different.)

What do I need to do in the HTML script (or otherwise) to get the merge field URL to work for something like a .doc file?

Nick

adamgadamg
Try using the URL to create an IFRAME (the URL becomes the target of the IFRAME.)

From there, you will have a handle to the IFRAME from your parent frame (the scontrol), which you should be able to use to script/control the Word doc.

Let us know how it goes.