function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
salesForceUsersalesForceUser 

Sforce Objects and Controls?

Hi,

I have a developer edition and need to understand how to gain access to this new feature. Does this have to be enabled for the developer edition too? Also if you can point me to some tutorials or documents about this it will be great.

Thanks

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi salesForceUser,

Developer edition has these features enabled.  To work with these you use the Setup link in the upper right corner of the page.  Near the bottom of the left side navigation is a link to Sforce Application Server.  The topics under this link provide access to the features you mention.

Custom objects is fairly simple and you should be able to just use it without any problem.  sforce controls are a little more "foriegn" but essentially an sforce control is an html snippet that you create in context that can be hosted in a frame in the app.  Your first sforce control should just be some static html.  You can then play with window options for a layout, move on to using the available merge fields and eventually exercise the API from the html using ActiveX, javascript or some other html embeddable technology.

More information (samples, turorials, etc) will be forthcoming.  sforce conrtrol as currently in pilot and as they approach GA the documentation and sample materials will become more prevalent.

Cheers

salesForceUsersalesForceUser

Hi Dave,

I seem to have trouble with this one..... Any ideas what might be wrong? I thought I could pass in 15 or 18 digit Ids..and I decided to use 15 since that is what I get from the WIL.

Thanks in advance.

java.rmi.RemoteException: web service invoke failed: javax.xml.soap.SOAPExceptio
n:  failed to serialize class urn.enterprise.soap.sforce.com.Retrieveweblogic.xm
l.schema.binding.SerializationException: string length must equal 18.  Invalid s
tring: "00630000000yOOD" - with nested exception:
[weblogic.xml.schema.binding.DeserializationException: string length must equal
18.  Invalid string: "00630000000yOOD"]; nested exception is:
        javax.xml.soap.SOAPException:  failed to serialize class urn.enterprise.
soap.sforce.com.Retrieveweblogic.xml.schema.binding.SerializationException: stri
ng length must equal 18.  Invalid string: "00630000000yOOD" - with nested except
ion:
[weblogic.xml.schema.binding.DeserializationException: string length must equal
18.  Invalid string: "00630000000yOOD"]

BillRothBillRoth

Dave,

Any news on when the control documentation will be available?

br

BillRothBillRoth

And more generally, where can I get documentation other than the API docs? I can't seem to find them.

br