function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nucksnucks 

create a sControl in Visual C#?

Hi,

I'm trying to create a sControl using Visual C#, but MSDN says that Windows User Control (.NET version of ActiveX control) can no longer be hosted on Internet Explorer...  I tried Web User Control but it seems that only works on asp pages...

Does anybody know if I can create a sControl in Visual C#?

thx, nucks, 

adamgadamg
We've been looking at this but don't have a good answer yet; we are stuck on that apparent dependancies between .NET controls in the browser and IIS on the server.

We'll let you know if we work something out; in the mean time you do have the option of using VB6 in a standard active X model.
nucksnucks

Yes, I do have the option of using VB6 to create a standard ActiveX control.

Please let me know if you figure something out for this!

thx, nucks

Ryan N.Ryan N.

nucks,
Please post the URL to the information about the user control limitation you found documented by Microsoft.

Cheers.

--Ryan N.

HansHans

Perhaps it's too late, but for anyone who see this thread, here's how I created an ActiveX control in C#:

1. You have to create a C# class library, not windows control... 2. Delete the Class1.cs file created by default 3. Insert into the proyect a user control class 4. Add for example a property like 'Title'

public string Title {  get { return _title; //this variable must be declarate as protected in the class definition } set { _title = value;} 5. Create the interface for the control:

public interface IMyControl {   string Title  {get; set;} } 6. The user control's class you create must implements also the interface:

public MyUserControlClass : System.Window.Forms.UserControl, IMyInterface

7. When you have to embed you object, you just have to upload the dll generated and reference is like this (put this code in a html source code):

<OBJECT id=myControl1 height=440 width=392 classid="{!Scontrol_URL}#mynamespace.MyUserControlClass name=myControl1></OBJECT>

And that's it!,

However, I still got some trouble trying to connect to the sforce API  4.0 from an scontrol created this method. If anyone knows how it could be, please any clue or help will be welcome.

See ya,
Hans.

Message Edited by Hans on 07-20-2004 02:53 AM