function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MaxxumMaxxum 

Integration with third party application

Hi all,
I am trying to integrate custom app to our legacy product running on different server.
The legacy application has an XML interface but NOT SOAP interface. A simple XML can be submitted to the application using HTTP. This interface is not SOAP enabled.

Does anyone know how can I submit an XML from SForce? Can I use XMLHttpRequest to do so?
Can I submit a request to the URL that is on separate domain?

Thanks for your help.
Cheers.
DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Maxxum,

Cross domain scripting is a definite drag.  I've not found a good way to get around the security issues (especially in firefox).  There is some drival about signing javascript but it seems very arcane.

The question I think you meant to ask was can you submit xml from the browser in the salesforce.com context (domain) to a different site.  In IE you can if you relax some security settings, in ff no.  This is not dependent on soap or xml, it's related to XMLHttpRequest/MSXML transport (regardless of the payload).

MaxxumMaxxum
DevAngel,

Thanks for confirming my understanding.
So my option is to write a separate JSP (sorta Proxy) in my application and post a request from SForce to this proxy JSP, right?

Cheers.
DevAngelDevAngel
Yes, that will alleviate the cross domain scripting since you are not making those posts from a script.