function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
benwrigleybenwrigley 

Missing MobilePhone

Hi There,

There is probably a really simple answer to this that I am missing somewhere.

We are trying to populate the standard field Lead.MobilePhone through the API but we are told this field does not exist.

Sure enough, it is not in the WSDL or visible through the Force.com Schema browser.

However, it *is* available in the SFDC interface to fields and pagelayout. If I add the field to a pagelayout, it is not available when I add a new lead.

I am a bit baffled.

Any ideas?

Thanks

SunilSunil

Please check the field level security for this field. There is a possibility this field is not visible for the profile you are trying.

Thanks

benwrigleybenwrigley
What an idiot I am!

That one *always* catches me out. Thanks for that!

Embarrassed,

Ben
Daniel BallingerDaniel Ballinger

What are my options if the org is Professional edition (with API access) and I can't access the Field-Level Security?

I had a look at an Enterprise Edition org that hadn't been modified and it looks like the user requires the "Gold Partner User" or "Silver Partner User" Security Profile to access the Lead.MobilePhone field. It is a bit annoying that a System Adminisrator security profile isn't sufficent.

Thanks

Daniel BallingerDaniel Ballinger

I did some more research.

Partner Portal Users explains about gold and silver partner users. Doesn't look like they will be any help for a professional edition org. See also Standard Profiles and Managing Profiles.

So am I correct that there is no way to access Lead.MobilePhone from a professional edition org?

Thanks.