function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DokerDoker 

field error in javascript

Anyone knows how to add an error to record in Javascript (when custom button is pressed)?

Please...

aalbertaalbert

Is it within an SControl? If so, you won't easily be able to add a custom error message.

But if you could use Visualforce and Apex, there are several options you could use such as the addError method on the sObject within Apex and Visualforce has message functionality too. 

Could you implement your solution with Visualforce and Apex? 

DokerDoker

Thanks for answer.

Is visualforce available now on every account type?

How does Visual Force fit into List View of an object?

aalbertaalbert

There are a few options related to listviews in Visualforce:

listView
enhancedList

Or you could write custom list view functionality if you wanted something more custom. 

DokerDoker

I was told Visual Force is only for developer edition, or maybe it was not so long ago. correct me if i'm wrong.

Can I deploy such a visual force sollution to nont developer organization using Meta API (like form Eclipse)?

aalbertaalbert

Yes, you can deploy Visualforce pages from one org to another org using the Eclipse deployment process.

Force.com Sites is the technology that is currently only available in Developer Preview (ie Developer Edition only). 

DokerDoker

It's great because due to interference and coexistancewith with existing app, I have to deploy my app using Meta API rather than package (I need to minimize changes to be compatibile as much as possible with it's new version with minimal chnages).

Thanks for your input.