function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
micwamicwa 

Set default Opportunity name

I would like to display a default name in the opportunity edit view. Normally I do overwrite the new button with a S-Control and set the opp3 Parameter to that name.
But what if the Opportunity has different RecordTypes? Because I need the RecordType to pass along I tried to access the url in the S-Control with window.location.href but this gives me a "/servlet/servlet.Integration..." URL instead of the "...&RecordType=....".

Any idea how to solve this problem?
SunilSunil

Create a workflow based on record type. You must have some criteria based on you are defining the record type. SO try to use the same criteria and define the workflow. Let workflow handel the job.

Please let me know if have any questions

Sunil

Message Edited by Sunil on 05-07-2008 04:29 AM
TCAdminTCAdmin
Hello micwa,

You can pass information through the record type selection utilizing the following link. This link will create an Opportunity and allow the user to select a record type. This would allow you to pass information to the Opportunity even though you have record type selection.

Code:
/setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp?ent=Opportunity&save_new_url=/006/e?opp4={!Account.Name}

gailhgailh

I tried this out and can't seem to get it to work. I'm coming back to SFDC after a bit of a hiaitus and seem to be forgetting things...

Basically, I set up an S-control of type url with /setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp?ent=Opportunity&save_new_url=/006/e?opp4={!Account.Name} in the url. I then overrode the New button for Opps with this s-control. When I try to create a new opp, I get into an eternal loop of selecting record type.