function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rock_chalkrock_chalk 

Update Expense Tracker Calculate Total S-Control from Beta Ajax Toolkit

Hello, Has anyone successfully updated the Expense Tracker Calculate Total S-Control to the new toolkit (16.0)? We are using this in production and it is no longer working. I'm not a developer, but I started to try to do this using the "Migrating from the Beta AJAX Toolkit", it's just not working. If anyone can post a working version that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Scott
mtbclimbermtbclimber

Assuming my last post was correct, I just installed and checked out the scontrol in question. This was created before the introduction of the Roll-up Summary formula (RSF) field type which allows you to create a field that totals the children across master-detail relationships.

Fortunately, expense line items are already master-detail related to expense report in the package I mentioned above and I didn't notice anything special in the javascript code that would imply functionality that an RSF field couldn't accomplish.  This means you NO LONGER NEED THIS SCONTROL  :)  

You will have to create a new field, however, which may ripple into reports and other areas of configuration but it's probably easier for you to do that I'm guessing.  

rock_chalkrock_chalk
Thanks Andrew.  I also wanted that functionality for a rollup where there isn't the master detail relationship.  Do you know of any sample code on the new toolkit that would show how to do that?