function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JeffL328JeffL328 

Prevent SSO & Delegated Authentication Users from logging in through Test.Salesforce.com

Hi All,

I've read through the documentation, logged a case with SFDC, and still am having trouble finding an answer to my question.  I'm implementing Delegated Authentication and SSO in a sandbox organization and was wondering how to lock out users with these features enabled from test.salesforce.com?  In other words, if a Single Sign on User tries to log in with test.salesforce.com, it should error out and not let the user log in.  How do I do this while still keeping Delegated Authentication enabled?  Thanks in advance for the help.

karthiksaivkarthiksaiv

Hi,

list out all the users with SSO access and make them inactive through manage users feature. 

Thanks,

Karthik.

sherod1sherod1

Can I understand the underlying requirements?

Generally you are going to:

1. freeze/deactivate the user in the sandbox
  2. implement the lockout at the Delegated Auth webservice end point (ie. your end) and simply return 'false' for the users you don't want to login.
  3. Enable Delegated Auth on a different profile in the sandbox and keep that profile for the small set of users you want to work (disable it on the other profile you want to ban)