function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
salesforce1587salesforce1587 

System Admin Permission

Hi All,

As we know system admin can view all records and also has the permission to deploy the code between instances.

We have a scenario here where in the client's records are viewable by the developers[with System admin permissions] which now we want to avoid.

But if we remove the System Admin permission for the developers, they cannot deploy the code to other instance neither create a project on eclipse.

So is there any work around for this scenario?

A WORK AROUND THAT WE TRIED BUT IT DID NOT WORK

I created a clone of system admin profile and removed "View All"  and "Modify All" permissions and  assiged  this profile to the developer. Also customize application is granted.

I checked for the record that he does not have access and tried to acces it, the access was not provided. But when I tried to create a project on eclipse with that developer's credential. It displayed me the following error:

"Force.com projects require a Salesforce user with 'Customize Application' and 'Modify All Data' profile permissions."

Regards,

Neha G Patel

nbknbk

Hello,

create permission set for group of developers which are required to deploy the code between orgs through eclipse and rest of the developers which u turn off the features (view all, modify all ) . Probably you may use 2 system administrator profiles and one is for upload the code to other environments(like super developer) and others are less permissions.