function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Marty C.Marty C. 

API Names of System and App Permissions?

Does anyone know where I can get a list of the metadata API names for system and app permissions defined in .profile files?

Salesforce does not seem to publish the API names of the 130+ system and app permissions documented in the "User Permissions" page or the Profile page in the Metadata API documentation. I need the API names so that I can construct metadata files to deploy using the metadata API.

Best Answer chosen by Marty C.
SteveMo__cSteveMo__c
Marty, are you looking for this? 
User-added image
User-added image

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox
Just run a describeSObject against the Profile SObject, and you'll get all available fields. The specific fields will depend on the settings you have enabled at the time you call the describe. You can also use the metadata toolkit.

Note that many settings are not directly on the profile. For example, fields will have their field level security rendered in the associated object during a metadata retrieval.
SteveMo__cSteveMo__c
Marty, are you looking for this? 
User-added image
User-added image
This was selected as the best answer
LVTCRMLVTCRM

Looking at the PermissionSet object is defenetly is a step in right direction,.. however  I still don't see an API name for 'Send Outbound Messages'.  Any ideas?
LVTCRMLVTCRM
ok, got it.  The permission API name is: EnableNotifications.
smriti sharan19smriti sharan19
Step by step process to map between permission name and label

https://www.sfdcamplified.com/2021/09/challenge-map-between-salesforce-permissionname-and-label.html
Matthew O'HaraMatthew O'Hara
Thanks Smriti, this was very helpful when setting up Custom Transaction Security Policies.