function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ashtilmanashtilman 

twitter application problem

Hi, I installed the twitter application and I keep getting an error: "Field is not createable: Avatar Icon" any idea why? thanks
ReidCReidC

what kind of Org are you in?  How are you doing on your apps / tabs / objects & fields limits?  Anything else interesting about your org?  I just did a quick test on a clean developer org -- package installs without issue, so we probably need a little more info to figure out what's happening for you.

ashtilmanashtilman

I actually registered for the free trial in order to see how the twitter integration can help my organization. tried to install the twitter app on a clean trial application and I keep getting the error message about the avatar icon...

thanks

LNIngramLNIngram

Hello,

You will need to add the avatar icon to the layout of the object detail page that is generating the error; without the icon on the page, your user does not have FLS on the field.  This is an issue we're aware of, and we do plan to fix it in the next version. 

Please email me with any further issues, or if you'd like to discuss twitter integration and possible use cases! 

All the best,

- Lauren Ingram

lingram@salesforce.com

@lningram

ashtilmanashtilman

thanks for the answer. how do I add the avatar icon to the layout of the object detail page?

LNIngramLNIngram

Click "Edit Layout" at the top right hand of the object's detail page (probably the Twitter Conversation object), navigate to Fields, and add the avatar icon field to the layout.  Click to Save.

- Lauren

Noud de GreefNoud de Greef

Hi,

I got the same error as above. When looking for the answer, I tried the tips above, burt it didn't work for me. I noticed a new version of the application was available. De-installed the 2.x version in use, and tried to install  "Salesforce for Twitter R 3.0 2010.12.03". But unfortunately it won't install: error code 326246825-9148 (166867590).

Hope you can help...

Noud.