function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pdxjakepdxjake 

Salesforce for Twitter v2.0 Troubleshooting

Other than the fact that the app installs successfully, there are some serious troubleshooting issues with the Salesforce for Twitter 2.0 app. In attempting to get the app working for a client using Enterprise Edition. I've been running into several usability roadblocks that are requiring some serious revers-engineering.

To date, the most worrisome issue is the fact that the "Troubleshooting" link within the app (located on the right column of the Salesforce for Twitter" homepage). Other issues I will articulate below.

pdxjakepdxjake

The manual for Salesforce for Twitter explains that after installing some fields and buttons must be added to various page layouts. Most of the fields are already set up as they should be. Some buttons do need to be added. However, the most common problem, and the one not mentioned in the manual, is that many, many of the custom fields must have their field-level-security activated for the app to be usable. The most common error, when the app is first used, is "Insufficient Privileges."

So, fair warning: look at the field level security if you're getting lots of privilege errors.

pdxjakepdxjake

So far there has been no way to get the created Twitter searches to show up in the "Get Tweets" page of the app. This is a key function of the app, as it looks to be the only way tweets in twitter-land are converted into Twitter Conversation records. Has anyone had this problem? Anyone know how it could be solved?  

LNIngramLNIngram

Hi Jake, 

I own the app and would be happy to help you.  Sounds to me like you either have a sharing/perms problem, or you're missing something in setup -- Can you send me an email at lingram@salesforce.com, please?  We can take a look, and if you'd like do a quick call to go through any questions/problems you're having with the app. 

All the  best, 

- Lauren Ingram