function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JD1968JD1968 

Milestones PM - Task Master-Detail

Hi, I really like the Milestones PM app.  One thing I would like to know is how you created a Master Detail relationship between Times and Tasks.  When I have tried to do this for other objects (where Task is the master) it doesn't come up in the list of objects that can be selected.  Is there some trickery involved here?  Thanks, John

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Brandy C ColmerBrandy C Colmer

@JD, its because Task in Milestones PM is a custom object - not the regular Task object. You are right that you cannot create a MD relationship to the standard Tasks object. Not completely sure why, probably has something to do with the polymorphic relationships that Tasks and Events have. Maybe someone else who is smarter will have more insight on the why.

All Answers

@JD, its because Task in Milestones PM is a custom object - not the regular Task object. You are right that you cannot create a MD relationship to the standard Tasks object. Not completely sure why, probably has something to do with the polymorphic relationships that Tasks and Events have. Maybe someone else who is smarter will have more insight on the why.

This was selected as the best answer
JD1968JD1968

Aha - thanks Brandy.  I did read somewhere that you can have more of the regular Task object 'exposed' so I have logged a support case - we'll see what happens!

ReidCReidC

1 pt to you BC!  BTW, the custom object name Milestone1_Task__c if that's useful to you.  Cheers

Thanks @Reid!  FUn to know the answer sometimes!  

@JD, definitely keep us posted if there is a secret black tab option.  

rpr2rpr2

Only "secret" option I know of for activities, is being able to request extending the # of days before an activty is archived. I too am looking forward to seeing if there are other oprtional features available upon request.