function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JJ1951JJ1951 

I'm having difficulty getting my Survey Force survey to appear in a browser

When I copy the URL into a browser window, I get "Site under construction"

My developer Org works OK. I've tried diff-ing the normal org and its as close to the developer org as I can get.

I'd be grateful for any assistance from anyone

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
GMANDINGOGMANDINGO

JJ,

Unless you have made a complex survey, I would reccommend that you uninstall and reinstall. When you re-install do not use Admin only. Give that a try and let me know how it goes.

All Answers

ReidCReidC

Review the config guide for this.  It sounds like your default page is set to the "Under Maintenance" page.  You will also need to ensure the VF pages are available to the guest profile.

JJ1951JJ1951

Hi ReidC

Many thanks for your help

My site pages are set as follows:

Active Site Home Page: Take Survey

Inactive Site Home Page: In Maintenance

Site Template: Site Template

Where do I make VisualForce pages available to Guest Profile? I dont see any link on the Profile page.

ReidCReidC

Is the site flagged as "active"?

JJ1951JJ1951

The site is active and I have now reviewed all the set up points in the installation guide, but the onle difference I can find is that I have "TakeSurvey" in the active home page and the set up guide has "UnderConstruction" but changing it makes no difference.

It works fine in my Developer org

ReidCReidC

Are you testing in production or in sandbox?

JJ1951JJ1951

In Production

GMANDINGOGMANDINGO

Hi JJ,

Did you follow the setup docs that on the listing page for visual force? IT sounds like may not have enabled the controllers and visualforce pages for public access...

Here is the link--http://appexchange.salesforce.com/content?contentId=a0K30000002BWSkEAO

JJ1951JJ1951

Hi GMAN

Thanks for your comments.

I have enabled all the Extended Object Permissions

However, I cannot find where to change the Security Levels. I'm pretty sure that I left it as "Grant Access to Admins only" and perhaps it should hve the least of the three. Where can I change that?

In the sites section, I note that the example has a na7 element. Does our site have to relate to eu1 - which is where we are. At present it says http://newvoicemedia.force.com/surveys. Should it read 

http://newvoicemedia.eu1.force.com/surveys. Clicking on that link at the moment sends to a page with just "Please answer the following  survey" and then a button with "Submit Survey"

In the Visualforce pages I have enabled GSurveys, TakeSurvey and labs_survey_css and they have Survey Force listed against them. I have taken GSurveys out

I'd be very grateful for further comments as it was so easy in Developer Force! and it's very frustrating to noe be able to get this working. I am thinking of uninstalling and installing again.

Many thanks

JJ

GMANDINGOGMANDINGO

JJ,

Unless you have made a complex survey, I would reccommend that you uninstall and reinstall. When you re-install do not use Admin only. Give that a try and let me know how it goes.

This was selected as the best answer
mkt_hgbmkt_hgb

hey,

I have got exactly the same problem as JJ does. I followed the instruction step by step but cant figure out whats wrong. I bet its shace a option I have to check :) Eye-catching is, that there is no "cases" listed under Standard Object Permissions. Anything else is identical to the installation guide.

Need help! Thx

GMANDINGOGMANDINGO

Hello hgb?

DId you install with admin only permissions as well? If so, you will want to reinstall with other permissions. Also, which URL are you using?

JJ1951JJ1951

Hi GMAN

I uninstalled Survey Force, and then reinstalled with the lowest security settings.

I've now managed to display a survey and it's all go.

Many thanks indeed for your help and advice.

Best

JJ

mkt_hgbmkt_hgb

Hello community,

thanks a lot for your help! As you described I selected in step 5 of the installation guide (here) the lowest security level and granted every user group unlimted access. IT WORKS NOW :) but ...

1. Do I need to worry about any security issues for the whole salesforce.com system?
  2. Where is the difference between the 3 type of links? (espcially {!Contact.Id}&caId={!Case.id})
  3. I am new with salesforce but is it possible to send a customer (or someone else) an invitation to answer my crerated survey and to find out what he has answered? 
  4. Can I secure my survey with a password I send my receiver with?

Thank you alot for answering me  these short questions.

Best

hgb

JJ1951JJ1951

I'm not sure about the security issues - may be someone with greater knowledge might know.

However,if you want to send a survey out - say on case closure:

• Create your survey
  • Check it displays correctly when you paste the URL into a browser
  • Create an email template and ensure the URL for the survey is somewhere in the email - either naked or with a "Please click here" link
  • Create some work flow so that when a case is set to closed, and then saved, the email is sent to the contact
  • Browse to Contact page layout and click edit
  • Click on Related lists and add the Surveys Taken related list to the layout
  • Click save
  • Now create a test account and test contact and check for yourself that it is working
  • Fill in the survey as the test contact
  • Go back into the contact in Salesforce and you will see the survey taken
  • Click on it to see the answers.

If you need any more help, please feel free to ask again

mkt_hgbmkt_hgb

Thanks JJ,

your advises are really helping me :)

I have followed your steps, but I have still a question and a serious problem.

Question: What type of URL shall I take? I dont really want to crate a workflow. I want to create a Email template and send the email (including the survey) to a certain user group. Then the "Just contact"  URL would be enough, wouldnt it?

Problem: I send an email (with the Just Contact URL) to me and a colleague. The survey does open but when I want to submit, the following error message appears:

ERROR: Invalid Survey or Contact Id

What went wrong? I hope this is problem that can be fixed easily, because I am close to my goal :) 

Thank you!

JJ1951JJ1951

Hi mkt_hgb

If you do not want to create workflow, you will have to send each email manually. By all means just paste the URL into the email template that you have set up. If you are not using CASE, just use the CONTACT URL - the middle one.

However, for the survey results to be received correctly into Salesforce, you must be sending it to a Contact in Salesforce, and you must send it out from the Contact page (or mass email contacts page) so that the Contacts are properly registered with the survey form.

Let me know if this works for you

Best

JJ

mkt_hgbmkt_hgb

Hi JJ,

its weird ... I get still the same error message: ERROR: Invalid Survey or Contact Id

So something is still not working correctly with the Contact ID, I guess.

I will explain to you what my steps have been ... maybe then we find out what I am doing wrong.

Eye-catching is, that in my browser adress list it still says http://xxx.force.com/TakeSurvey?id=a0X20000003H5Mj&cId={!Contact.Id}&caId=none. Doesnt need to be my real ID in there instead of {!Contact.Id} ? It seems that salesforce does not paste in my ID on the {!Contact.Id} place. Or is this not really necessary?

When this is not the problem .. what else could it be?

THX!

JJ1951JJ1951

Hi there,

I wonder if you have created a site in your Salesforce instance. It doesnt look as if you have with the URL that you are pasting to show me.

You should have something like:

http://yourname.force.com  as a web page.

Obviously your site must be unique.

Go to Setup>Develop>Sites

Enter a unique name using the template that I have given you above

Then you can create a site label, which is a sub folder in the main site.

My company uses http://newvoicemedia.force.com as its domain

Then I have added /surveys as the folder, and my site label which you also have to set up is the name of the individual survey.

You then get a URL like this:

http://newvoicemedia.force.com/surveys/TakeSurvey?id=a0lD0000000ykYc&cId={!Contact.Id}&caId=none

which if you paste into your browser will call the survey and give you the ability to recevie the survey back into your Salesforce org.

Have a go at this and come back

Best

mkt_hgbmkt_hgb

Hi,

I guess I have alreay created a site during the installation process (as it is described in the guide). Take a look at the attached picture... the only difference between your and my URL is the /survey/ part ... so I dont have a subfolder .. where can I create it? Could this really be the only reason?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/691/salesforcesitelabel.jpg/

Please click the URL that Survey Force creates to me and try to submit .. then you will get the error message ...

http://saperion.force.com/TakeSurvey?id=a0X20000003H5n4&cId={!Contact.Id}&caId=none

Thanks a lot again for helping me in this issue :)

hgb

mkt_hgbmkt_hgb

Hi,

I just clicked your URL -> http://newvoicemedia.force.com/surveys/TakeSurvey?id=a0lD0000000ykYc&cId={!Contact.Id}&caId=none

Trying to submit your survey I get the same Error message as I do with mine. ERROR: Invalid Survey or Contact Id

I really think, that salesforce does not pull my contact.id out of its system ... maybe i did something wrong with the security settings during the installation?!

mkt_hgbmkt_hgb

Hi JJ,

sry for posting so many messages but solving this problem is really important for me :)

In post #15 you gave me the following instruction:

1. "Create your survey
  2. Check it displays correctly when you paste the URL into a browser
  3. Create an email template and ensure the URL for the survey is somewhere in the email - either naked or with a "Please click here" link
  4. Create some work flow so that when a case is set to closed, and then saved, the email is sent to the contact
  5. Browse to Contact page layout and click edit
  6. Click on Related lists and add the Surveys Taken related list to the layout
  7. Click save
  8. Now create a test account and test contact and check for yourself that it is working
  9. Fill in the survey as the test contact
  10. Go back into the contact in Salesforce and you will see the survey taken"

I DID NOT followed the steps 5 and 6. I tried to find the contact page layout but since I am new with salesforce I have absolutely no idea how I get to there. Where can I find "Contact page layout" ?

THX!

JJ1951JJ1951

Hi there

Click your name at the top of the Home page, and then click setup from the drop down menu

Click Customise>Contacts>page layouts

Then click edit against the page layout name

In the top left had box, there is a column of different parts of the contact page.

Related lists is at the bottom

Hope this helps

JJ

Steven Cox 13Steven Cox 13
I need to relate our surveys back to a contact automatically if possible. I'm able to take the survey and view it afterwards. The option is there for me to lookup the contact to relate the survey to that person but manually. Is there not a way to have this done automatically? Perhaps by having the contact log in? I haven't found a lot about this part of Survey Force.
meet leemeet lee
For me, I too faced the same error while taking an online sweepstakes survey (https://patronsurvey.com/www-tellwinndixie-com/). Now Later I can do the latest surveys at www patron survey com homepage (https://patronsurvey.com/). Do you know?. We get "Site under construction" error only when they are updating their plugins, themes, server maintenance.
Steven Cox 13Steven Cox 13
I have to leave by 3 PM. Is there another day that works for you?
Arora JayatiArora Jayati
Hi @Steven Cox 13 Did you find anyway for getting surveys back to a contact automatically?