function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nisha c onisha c o 

Import

—Does Salesforce check for Page layout restrictions, field level security, field dependencies during import?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

Hi Nisha, 

No Salesforce does not check any layout restiction, Field level security and restriction at the time of import. but you need to 

set it manually after importing as per the source org.

This is the main problem in Saleforce may be in some further upgrades it gets resolved.

Please give me KUDOS if this sugegstion meet your query. and mark this answer as solution to make it available for other user for close enough query.

All Answers

Prafull G.Prafull G.
No, It does not.

You can import data in fields without restrictions of Page Layout, FLS etc.

Hi Nisha, 

No Salesforce does not check any layout restiction, Field level security and restriction at the time of import. but you need to 

set it manually after importing as per the source org.

This is the main problem in Saleforce may be in some further upgrades it gets resolved.

Please give me KUDOS if this sugegstion meet your query. and mark this answer as solution to make it available for other user for close enough query.

This was selected as the best answer
souvik9086souvik9086

No Nisha it doesnt check for page layout restrictions etc.

What it checks is Custom Vaidation exception and universally required field exception.

If this post is helpful please throw Kudos.If this post solves your problem kindly mark it as solution.

Thanks

I think all are tuned on same way so please select your expected answer and close this disucssion.or let us know in case of any further query.

Hi NISHA Can you please also give me KUDOS if you get my answer helpful