function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tigermikefltigermikefl 

Splitting Database for sold company

5 of our 30 companies were sold to another firm.  From a shared instance, we need to spin a new SFDC instance/licenses and move the companies out of our instance.  The data portion makes sense but we used tons of custom objects, triggers, apex class, workflows etc.

Is there a clone button for this development work and layout stuff? 

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello,

You are not required to clone anything. I would suggest you following approach:

1) Move metadata (custom objects, triggers, apex class, workflows etc) from the Orgs being sold out to the new Org by means of Change Sets and deploy these changes sets to new Org.

2) Export data via Export All functionality (Click path: Setup|Administration setup|Data Management|Data Export

3) Import the data in the new Org by data loader or import wizard as per the number of records.

Following are the link to setup create and deploy change sets:

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=changesets.htm&language=en_US

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Hi,
I think you have to use either the Force.com IDE or the Force.com Migration tool to deploy all your components from one org to another org.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
DarrellDDarrellD

So "No" there is no clone button or way to do that outisde of moving the objects and data individually as others have suggested. The closest to clone is copy to a Full Sandbox but you cannot use that as a quasi Production instance for a number of reasons, including it would violate your agreement with Salesforce.

Jake GmerekJake Gmerek
Using the IDE or the Force.com migration tool, you can get xml files of all your meta data (custom objects, triggers, apex class, workflows etc.). Then you can pick and choose what to upload to the new org, although I would recommend moving it to a sandbox first and testing since apex classes and triggers are really annoying to remove from production. Good luck!
sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

There is only way left is Migration Meta Data like Apex class VF page, Objects. and then you can export Data from here and import in new org ( using Data loader) or using Salesforce to Salesforce featuer.