function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DeekDeek 

Campaign Object not available in Data Loader

Hi Ya,

I am trying to run a upsert operation using data loader for Campaign Object but its not available to select. Its only available for Export finctionality.

I can see the Campaign object when I connect data loader to the sand box environment. Please advise whether this is expected behavior.

I have around 1K records to be updated, so is there anyway I can run a upsert operation for Campaigns.

Please help.

Regards,

Dpat

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AroraAnupAroraAnup

I think the issue could be that you are not setup as a Marketing User. It is a checkbox available on your User Detail under "My Personal Information". SInce you are a Sys admin, you can go in and check it on for yourself.

Marketing User permission is required in order to create Campaigns. That could be a potential reason behind the issue that you are facing.

Check and let me know if this helps!

All Answers

arizonaarizona
My hunch is that your user only has read permssion to the campaign object and not write permission.
DeekDeek

Hi Ya,

I have sys admin profile. Any further help would be appreciated.

arizonaarizona
In dataloader, Where you choose the objects, you need to click the Show all Salesforce objects checkbox to see the campaign object.
AroraAnupAroraAnup

I think the issue could be that you are not setup as a Marketing User. It is a checkbox available on your User Detail under "My Personal Information". SInce you are a Sys admin, you can go in and check it on for yourself.

Marketing User permission is required in order to create Campaigns. That could be a potential reason behind the issue that you are facing.

Check and let me know if this helps!

This was selected as the best answer
DeekDeek

Hi Ya,

You were absolutely right. After cheking the Marketing user flag the campaign object popped up. 

You are a gem.

Cheers!

Victor ChongVictor Chong
You da man!