function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
iqbaliqbal 

Overriding a link using s-control

Hi,

I have a requirement where i need to override a link. The 'del' link present in Attachements tab in case page layout should be overridden. I have done a similar kind of requirement for Buttons but i dont know how to override a link.My requirement is a user should not be able to delete an attachement. When he tries to delete a message should be displayed. This can be done using s-controls. This 'del' link should be overridden with this s-control. Please help.

Message Edited by iqbal on 12-17-2007 05:05 PM
Greg HGreg H
You cannot override the "Del" link on the attachments related list.  Editing of notes & attachments are based on the permissions of the user accessing the record to which the notes/attachments are related.  So if your user has the authority to edit the record (Case) they will also have the authority to delete the attachment.

To remedy this I suggest removing the notes & attachments related list from the page layout of the users in question.  If it is not visible on the page it cannot be deleted.  You could then create a custom link on the case detail page where they could view the attachments in an sControl.

It's an odd work-around but could help,
-greg