function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
yura.tkachenkoyura.tkachenko 

Salesforce Approval Gadget for Google Desktop

Hi Salesforce community,

This an announcement that I've been completed first version of my Google Desktop gadget for Salesforce.com. The main purpose of this gadget is to optimize your work with incoming approval requests.

Here is description:

Using this gadget you can load all incoming approval request for your Salesofrce.com account. Approval requests will be displayed as feed list and you will be able to see how long approval process is in pending state. Clicking on each item you will be able to open preview of Salesforce object related with this reuqest. Data will be shown using your layout from Salesofrce.com (see Setup-Customize-Opportunity-Page Layout). Use Salesforce.com "Page Layout" configuration to configure detail view for incoming approval requests. Use double click on each item to open approval request in browser. Every 10 minutes gadget will scan your Salesforce.com account for new incoming approval requests. If you have any issues or requests please email them to : feedback@wideintegration.com.

Please help me to make this software better. Here is link to this gadget: Salesforce Approval

Thanks,
Yura.

Message Edited by yura.tkachenko on 12-03-2007 10:50 PM

Message Edited by yura.tkachenko on 12-03-2007 10:53 PM
sfdcfoxsfdcfox
Broke it already.

Logged in using my dev account, and got EXCEEDED_MAX_TYPES_LIMIT error. Sounds like you used DescribeSObjects using the DescribeGlobal array. You can't do that, you've got to split it into 100 objects at once... Other than that, looks good so far. 
Hello sfdcfox,

Thank you for trying my gadget. I'm glad that it can be useful after all. Your scenario mostly looks like limitation of Salesforce partner Web Service API and as result limitation of my gadget. I saw a lot of promoted ideas to add such feature to WS API like retrieving SObject description by SObject ID. Suggested workaround is actually slow down performance of my gadget and I prefer to wait until SFDC add such call:

DescribeSObjectResult[] describeSObjectsByID(ID[] ids);

Thanks,
Yura.
Hello,

I've improved my gadget and fixed some issues. Here is list of changes:

1. Improved performance for loading data from Salesforce.com for big organization. Now if you have more than 100 custom objects it's not a problem anymore.

2. Fixed issue with relogin once user's session has been expired.

The url to the gadget is the same: Salesforce Approval Gadget.

Thanks,
Yura.
sfdcfoxsfdcfox
Lookin good. I'll try it out tonight.