function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Reeses498Reeses498 

S-Control to add Account and Contact fields to Account Plan

I am very new to salesforce and not at all technical.  I am having serious trouble trying to create 2 s-controls.  The first, I would like to have some of the fields show up on an Account Plan page...like annual revenue, number of employees, website, company description, etc....

The second, I would like to only pull contacts from the account linked to the account plan who meet certain criteria.  There would be a custom field for contact role (Decision Maker, Influencer, Executive Sponsor, Vendor/Procurement Management, etc...)  I only want those contacts' names, titles, emails to appear on the account plan if they have a defined role.

I've already spent about 2 days worth of effort trying to figure this out...I don't have premier support and nothing on the help/training menu has really helped me.  I've read the cookbook, played with sample codes and I'm still on square one.  I was hoping that someone out there could help me out.

Kathy
BunnyBoyBunnyBoy

Trying to implement your requirements through s-controls will be a challenge.  While you can include any content in an s-control that you can represent in a browser, you can't create arbitrary user interface components without writing HTML and possibly some JavaScript.  If you are unfamiliar with those technologies, it will be an uphill battle.  Salesforce seems to be addressing some of the complexity with Visualforce, but I think that is still in developer preview. 

For your first requirement, could you customize the account mini-page layout and enable hover details?  Although the account details won't appear on the account plan itself, users can view the details just by putting their mouse over the account name.  For the second requirement, perhaps add a custom object to link contacts to account plans?  Unfortunately, that would not be automated and would have to be maintained manually.  Otherwise, it sounds like creating the s-control will require JavaScript with Ajax coding to implement your custom logic.

Good luck.