function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AndyPandyAndyPandy 

Pop-up alert/reminder on Salesforce Mobile for iPhone

Hi All,

I'm pretty new to Salesforce and definitely a complete nube when it comes to all things coding; but I'm willing to listen and learn (just putting it out there).

I'm the Admin for our SFDC Org, and all our users perform the overwhelming majority of their SFDC activity on the Salesforce Mobile iPhone App, whilst out and about.

One of the things I have been asked to check into and attempt to implement, is providing a pop-up reminder box for users after logging a call against an Account, to be asked if they want to update an open Opportunity related to that Account, provided there is an open Opportunity.  (This is just one example, if this is possible we may well want more of these).  The pop-up would, ideally, appear much like a text message or a Calendar reminder does on an iPhone; that is to say, on screen, on top of the current window, in it's own "bubble".

I've searched extensively, and found out that it appears you can have pop-up messages (as per this SFDC Link: http://www.salesforce.com/crm/sales-force-automation/mobile-crm/), and also I understand there are such pop-up reminders as "Toasters", but I think that is something different.

Could anyone help me out and let me know if what I'm trying to achieve is possible?

Please let me know if any further clarification is required.

Many thanks,

Andy

cloudcodercloudcoder

The Salesforce mobile for iPhone app is a product which you are best adding a request to the salesforce ideas site. 

If you are writing your own custom iOS app using the mobile sdk (http://developer.force.com/mobilesdk) you can certainly do pop-ups etc or whatever you need.

HTH

AJM1782AJM1782

I am shocked to hear that a company like Salesforce cannot complete a simple addition to it's iphone mobile app to have a simple alert to remibder the user that an event or task is approaching. It's unimaginative, and terrible execution on the part of Salesforce, or should I say lack of execution and forethought?