function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AndyPandyAndyPandy 

Change Default Search Results Page Layout (for SF Mobile)

Hi All,

I am using an iPhone 4 with Salesforce Mobile (the full edition).

I have created a Custom Object called "Price List" (we opted out of the sObject option SFDC offers).

My Custom Object has successfully been added to my Mobile Data Set, and is appearing without any issues on the iPhone App.

However, whenever a user utilises the Search facility on the App (to search through our 10,000 or so Products), the only field visible in the Search Results page layout, is Record Name (which for us is Product Code).  As the majority of people using this are more familiar with descriptions - it would be great for the Search Results layout to be able to be a two-field layout (as per Custom Mobile Page Layouts) - that way I can add the Description field.

I have searched everywhere, but cannot find any method of doing this (I have changed all the "Search Layouts" layouts available in the Admin set-up for this Custom objects, but nothing has worked) - can anyone help me to determine how I can change this Search Results layout - if it is indeed possible?

Many thanks,

Andy

IspitaIspita

Hi,

I think you need to customize the  search Layout called "Phone Lookup" for your purpose ~ 

Do let me know if it solves your issue...

AndyPandyAndyPandy

Hi Ispita,

Thanks for your reply.  Looking through all the SEARCH LAYOUT options within the CRM, for this object, the only one I could find which appears similar to your suggestion was "Lookup Phone Dialogs" - for which I have already selected both Product Code and Description as the "Columns Displayed".  Despite this, when I use the search facility on this custom object, still only the Product Code is displayed in the Search Results Layout.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Andy

IspitaIspita

Lookup Phone Dialogs are the one which control it  , let me check other options and get back to you.

MarkSilberMarkSilber

The Lookup Phone Dialog search settings are only for CTI soft phone access and have nothing to do with the mobile device search layouts.

Here's the text from the Search Layouts screen: "Lookup Phone Dialogs that pop up when you click the magnifying glass on a SoftPhone dial pad."