function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JWikkJWikk 

Mobile SDK and offline?

Within the Mobile SDK, is there the ability to access the SF Offline edition database? If not, is that was the Adobe AIR SDK is for?

James

Kevin HawkinsKevin Hawkins

Hi James,

There is no support in the Mobile SDK for interacting with Offline Edition.  We are working on similar functionality in the Mobile SDK to support offline data caching locally for mobile applications.

Cheers,

Kevin

Tory MageeTory Magee

Hello Kevin, 

When are you planning to releaze this functianlity for the Mobile SDK?

Best regards

Tory

We are hoping to have our first pass at offline functionality available for Android and iOS in March.

Tory MageeTory Magee
Hello, it's almost March. Should we expect the functionality be ready till then? Thanks in advance. Tory

Hi Tory,

We're still aiming for a mid-March release of the offline functionality.

Cheers,

Kevin

Tory MageeTory Magee
Good news! Thanks for your answer!
Tory MageeTory Magee

Hello guys! so anxious about this new functionality coming! It's already mid March, suppose it will be released these days, right? Could you please write the date, cause I don't want miss the event. 

Thanks

Tory

It is publicly availble now for iOS and Android, as part of our 1.1 release.

Thanks,

Kevin

IanHulmeIanHulme

Hi Kevin,

Is there any documentation on the offline capabilities, all I can find is the Mobile SDK workbook which tells you how to show offline data throught the smartstore class, but no mention of adding, editing and syncing with online data....

Is this possible yet?

Thanks,

Ian

We're still working on the formal documentation for the offline functionality.  From the workbook, the CloudTunes app that you go through is a pretty good code example of how you can use the SmartStore functionality to persist data locally, and retrieve it when you're offline.  Although syncing of data is outside of the scope of that application, it does offer a good model for managing state between offline and online scenarios for the app.

IanHulmeIanHulme

Thanks for the reply, I look forward to seeing the documentation.

Don't suppose there is any time frame on that?

Thanks again.

No definitive timeframe yet. We're breaking ground on a comprehensive developers guide for the Mobile SDK, with the hopes of getting some real cycles behind it in the coming weeks. I'll keep you posted as we have more to share.

Cheers,
Kevin
IanHulmeIanHulme

Great news Kevin, looking forward to it.

In the meantime, one of our developer evangelists has penned a blog post, explaining some of the work flows around offline hybrid apps.  That may be useful to help you get started.

Cheers,

Kevin