function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WEN JIEWEN JIE 

Mobile SDK with OAuth2.0 Username-Password Flow

Hi, 

I have read the article "Getting Started with the Mobile SDK for Android". And I practice the demo which the article mentioned.

I found the demo project "TemplateApp" is based on the OAuth2.0 User-Agent Flow.

So, I want to know is there has any example or article about how to use OAuth2.0 Username-Password Flow with MobileSDK?

Or is there has anybody try it ?

Thanks!

tstellanova-sfdctstellanova-sfdc

The MobileSDK provides an OAuth implementation for you so that you need not reimplement the OAuth flow yourself.

For example, if you install the SalesforceMobileSDK for iOS and create a new Hybrid App using the app template, it will automatically authenticate your users using OAuth.

Hope this helps...

WEN JIEWEN JIE

Hi tstellanova,

Thanks for your help.

As my test, the automatically authenticate by the MobileSDK is based on the OAuth2.0 User-Agent Flow. So, if I want to use the OAuth2.0 Username-Password Flow what should I do?

Is this flow also implements by the MobileSDK and what I need to do is just change my implements interface or other way?

Thank you!

tstellanova-sfdctstellanova-sfdc

The MobileSDK doesn't support the username-password flow.

My understanding is that this is generally considered to be less secure than the default Oauth 2.0 flow provided by the SDK.