function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
J2theCJ2theC 

salesforce unknown login error

I was working with the Salesforce SDK and was trying to test the response of my application when salesforce replies with an inactive_user error. I was expecting to receive an error with the code kSFOAuthErrorInactiveUser. Instead, This is what i received: 

Error Domain=com.salesforce.OAuth.ErrorDomain Code=666 "com.salesforce.OAuth.ErrorDomain LOGIN_ERROR_USER_INACTIVE : LOGIN_ERROR_USER_INACTIVE" UserInfo=0x6ca970 {error_description=LOGIN_ERROR_USER_INACTIVE, NSLocalizedDescription=com.salesforce.OAuth.ErrorDomain LOGIN_ERROR_USER_INACTIVE : LOGIN_ERROR_USER_INACTIVE, error=LOGIN_ERROR_USER_INACTIVE}

while the error itself is self-explinatory, it's not available on the salesforce documentation for ExceptionCod/StatusCode, and the error code i received is kSFOAuthErrorUnknown, which leads me to beleive that something might not be working correctly here. is there something i am missing here?

I am using the salesforce SDK building a native application.

cloudcodercloudcoder

I'm assuming the user in your org is not really inactive? Have you double checked? Also what version of the SDK are you using, and for what Platform?

J2theCJ2theC

Yes, the user is inactive. I checked a few times and tried to login to the main website as well. I am using iOS Mobile SDK version 1.0.1. The error itself explains that the user is actually inactive, but this error is not a part of the salesforce documentation for error codes and the SDK shows the error as error code unknow (code 666).