function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
asapjimasapjim 

Salesforce mobile app not displaying on iPhone simulator

Hi, I have downloaded the "Download Salesforce for iPhone Simulator" application.  when I open the app a window titled Salesforce Mobile Updater opens and displays some text indicating that it is downloading and inflating SalesforceMobile.zip.  The Salesforce Mobile Updater completes with a line stating "Done!".  But when I launch the iPhone simulator, I don't see a sales force app.  Is there another step to installing the salesforce mobile app on the iPhone simulator?

Thanks!

cloudcodercloudcoder

What are you trying to do? Build a custom app, or the Salesforce for Mobile product? For custom apps, make sure you use the Mobile SDK. You can then use the iOS simulator that comes with XCode

asapjimasapjim

Hi CloudCoder, thank you for getting back to me.  At this time I am just trying to see what the sales force mobile app looks like on the iPhone.  I don't have an iPhone so I thought the simulator might be a good way to do some testing.  I am using the simulator that comes with xcode on a macbook.  Is there a better alternative?

Thanks again for you help.

J2theCJ2theC

in order to get this to work you are going to need to make sure you put the salesforce mobile app built for the simulator on the proper directory.  note that if you are using the latest version of xcode for Mac OS X Lion, the /Developer directory is no longer the directory to put the salesforce mobile application. The best place to put this app is in inside the Xcode sandbox. So, click on the Xcode icon on the ~/Applications folder, click on "Show Package Content", go to Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator5.1.sdk and you should be able to drop the application there (the actual .app file). I have not tested this byt i can see some other apps there. The previous way was to go to /Users/<youruser>/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/<iOS SDK Version>/Applications and drop the folder that contains the Salesforce mobile app. this way will work if you did not get xcode from the app store and/or using a previous version of Xcode.

asapjimasapjim

Thanks!  that got the app to display on the simaulator.  Now I just need to figure out how to set up the connection to the Sandbox since there is no section in settinngs for the SalesForce app.

Thanks again for your help.