function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RacerRex9727RacerRex9727 

Trying to insert a record on iOS SDK

Hey all, 

I'm still learning how to use the SalesForce Database service and the iOS SDK. I'm trying to get it to write a record into a table called "Audits". However, my request seems to keep failing as my console reads...

5/2/12 8:43:35.152 AM CloudTest2: request:didFailLoadWithError: Error Domain=com.salesforce.RestAPI.ErrorDomain Code=999 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.salesforce.RestAPI.ErrorDomain error 999.)" UserInfo=0x6b5a950 {message=The requested resource does not exist, errorCode=NOT_FOUND}

I must be doing something incorrectly. Here is the method I'm using...

//Add a test record

NSString * objectType = @"Audit";

NSDictionary *fields = [@"{AuditName: Test, GroupID:1}" objectFromJSONString];
    SFRestRequest *TestAdd = [[SFRestAPI sharedInstance] requestForCreateWithObjectType:objectType fields:fields];

[[SFRestAPI sharedInstance] send:TestAdd delegate:self];

What exactly am I doing wrong?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
J2theCJ2theC

NSDictionary *dictionary=[NSDictionary dictionaryWithObjects:[NSArray arrayWithObjects:@"Test", [NSNumber numberWithInt:1], nil] forKeys:[NSArray arrayWithObjects:@"Audit", @"GroupID", nil]];

use this for the "fields" parameter when creating the request

All Answers

J2theCJ2theC

if the table is called Audits, why are you using Audit as the object type?

on an unrelated note, is there any reason why you are creating a dictionary out of a json string instead of using the more efficient method of initializing the NSDictionary with the proper object and keys?

SuperfellSuperfell

Assuming Audit is a custom object, the correct name is Audit__c

RacerRex9727RacerRex9727

I'm cloning a tutorial and I don't understand the JSON thing it's asking me to do, it's not providing context either.

Could you provide an example of a simple efficient means to insert a record?

J2theCJ2theC

NSDictionary *dictionary=[NSDictionary dictionaryWithObjects:[NSArray arrayWithObjects:@"Test", [NSNumber numberWithInt:1], nil] forKeys:[NSArray arrayWithObjects:@"Audit", @"GroupID", nil]];

use this for the "fields" parameter when creating the request

This was selected as the best answer
mobillemobille

hi try like this

NSString * objectType = @"Audit__c";

NSDictionary *fields = [@"{AuditName: Test, GroupID:1}"

JSONValue];

SFRestRequest *TestAdd = [[SFRestAPI sharedInstance] requestForCreateWithObjectType:objectType fields:fields];

[[SFRestAPI sharedInstance] send:TestAdd delegate:self];