function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WarrenWarren 

Sales Quote with Product Line Items Appexchange sample

This looks like a great sample app. The only problem that I have found is that the S Control that is used to copy the detail back to the opportunity (quoteLinesToOppRecord.htm)doesn't seem to add the quote line items to the opportunity line items.

The existing product line items are being deleted, but the new ones from the quote are not and no error alerts are being given.

Has anybody else experienced this or know of any fixes?
Jason W. GardnerJason W. Gardner
I also want to implement this app because the test drive worked perfectly. I installed it standard and then went to test it out before deploying. I created a quote, then I clicked on the first step (ie: add products to quote). When the page loads up, I get an error:

Line: 88
Char: 21
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method

I tried to ignore it, but it wouldn't let me search for any products, nor would it display any. I looked in the cooresponding S-Control (addProductQuote.htm), and the line it's pointing to is:

Products.sort(sortBy);

sortBy is another function that it calls. So I don't know exactly why it isn't working "out of the box". If anyone could help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.
WarrenWarren
I have done a bit of further digging and found the failure occurs here:

var dst = sforceClient.Create(ar);

(When the Opportunity line items are being added)

dst[...].errors[0].message gives a "Field Integrity exception: PriceBookEntryID (Pricebook entry not in Opportunity pricebook)"
Ron HessRon Hess
i'm interested in helping you solve this, can you file a bug report with the help and suppor link inside the app, it will end up in our queue.

It sounds like the price book was changed on the opportunity after creating the quote and quote line items, i don't think there is a check for that.
Ron HessRon Hess
do you have an active price book and an opportunity which the quote is related to?
to find products, there must be a related opportunity and the opportunity must specify an active price book
more checks we can add to the code...

Since this is a supported application,
please file a bug with our support team, we can work on making sure this app checks all the requirements needed to work.

thanks
Ron HessRon Hess
does it work if you deploy the objects then run the test?