function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
alexannicalexannic 

Sales Quote with Product Line Items Problem

Hello,
We are using the Enterprise edition, and in order to cover our quoting needs we have installed the “Sales Quote with Product Line Items" AppExchange application, created by salesforce.com. We are facing the following problem:
We have more than 4000 products in our product base, all active in one price book with their respective prices. When I try to add some products to a new quote, by clicking the S-Control "1) Add Products to Quote", I get only the first 50 products shown. When I search for any other product, I get no results.
The application works fine when I select any of the first 50 products that I get, but of course we cannot access our full range of products this way.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as quoting is one of our critical and most time-consuming processes in our business.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Alex

Message Edited by alexannic on 03-02-2006 07:53 AM

Ron HessRon Hess
the limit is configurable inside the scontrol, 50 is way too low, i will bump it up.

however, if you are trying to query all 4000 products this scontrol version of "add products" may be way too slow for your taste.

so, a solution that i will propose would be to add the products to the opportunity using the add products feature built into the app which launches from a button on the opportunity page. Then we will need an scontrol to copy the products from the opportunity to the quote, which is just the reverse of the scontrol #4

if this sounds like a good / workable solution, i will pull together an scontrol that you can try.
jdivosevicjdivosevic
That would be great Ron! I too have a large number of products to search.
alexannicalexannic
Thank you Ron for your assistance.
Indeed, it does take 5-10secs or so to populate the first 50 products, so I guess retrieving all of the products at once is not an option.

Is it not possible when adding products to a quote to search through the whole product base, rather than retrieve the first 50/400/X products and search thought this subset? Like for example, when you search for a code in the products tab. That would be a very good resolution of the problem.

Thank you very much for your help.
Alex
Ron HessRon Hess
ok, i can persue this path.

upon launch this scontrol will tell you that you have more products than fit on a page and ask you to fill in one or more of the filters which limit/ focus the product query to a managable set that you can pick / add from