function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ShadesterShadester 

Using AJAX Toolkit from outside of salesforce

I'm looking into making a google gadget (or rather an atlassian gadget for jira) and was thinking of getting data from salesforce using the AJAX Toolkit. However, when I try to use it, I get "405 Method not allowed" because the connection.js tries to load "/services/Soap/u/17.0" and that is residing on the salesforce server and not the server where the gadget is.

Has anyone tried using the Toolkit from outside salesforce in for example an google gadget or some html page with javascript?

Would love to hear how you've done it! 

Cloud99Cloud99

Hi- I am also looking for same thing. Please do share if you get any clue. TIA :)

REST API and JavaScritpsREST API and JavaScritps

Hi,.

Me too. I am looking to do the same thing. But no with Google Mashup, also with Ezweb Mashup.

Please how did you do it?

Please.

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

You can't call across domains within a web browser. This is called XSS (Cross-Site Scripting), and is disallowed in browsers as a security concern. Instead, refer to your platform's documentation on how to perform a JavaScript proxy for your gadget, widget, or whatever. Atlassian has a REST API that you can take advantage of, that should serve your purposes as a proxy. For a Desktop Widget, access should automatically be granted, but you have to make sure you have the correct URL and not a fragmented URL (which does not include the server's domain name, which causes it to fail). This requires only a trivial modification of the connection.js file.