function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
srichardsonsrichardson 

Milestones PM: Share Project, Milestones and Tasks with Customer Portal Users

I'd like to share the Project, Milestones and Tasks objects from Milestones PM in our Customer Portal. As an ISV, this is a great way for my customer to track the progress of their implementation. 

I've created a Master:Detail relationship between Account and Project which allows the Contact from the Account only see the project(s) related to their account. This works great except the Milestones are not Master:Detail with Project (this is a Lookup) which does not share the Milestones and Tasks related to the project with the Customer Portal User. The portal user can only see the project record.

How could I expose the Project's milestones and tasks as well?

I don't think you can convert the Project > Milestones relationship to M:D because there would be too many layers (which is possibly why the developer left the Project > Milestones relationship as Lookup). So, i tried created a criteria-based sharing rule on the Milestones object but you cannot use lookups or formulas fields as criteria fields so I'm not sure what else to explore.

Thoughts much appreciated!

-Steve

ReidCReidC

Hi Steve,

You would have to make the Milestones1_Milestone__c object available via customer portal.  Also, you'd want to change the sharing model to private, and then do a manual share / apex share with the customer who wants to see it.  The manula share could be populated when you 

Would that work for what you're trying to do?