function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dbrunsdbruns 

Public Knowledge Base

I have been following the PKB setup guide to the letter and have verified that my Category Group unique name and Category Root unique name are correct and active. Yet, I am still getting the following error when going to the PKB site. Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

https://sites.secure.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000001gFH9EAM

Error: The PKB Site Setup is not configured correctly. Please verify that the category group name is correct and that the group is active.

francoisLfrancoisL

Did you also give access to this Data Category in Public Site Visibility?

dbrunsdbruns

I believe I have this setup correctly:

Under Article Type, I have one type: Education and it is deployed.

Under Data Categories, I have CustomerEducation as the Category Group, and Operations as the first Category (Root Category).

Under Default Data Category Visibility, I have CustomerEducation set to All.

Under Data Category Assignments, I have CustomerEducation enabled for Knowledge.

For Public Access Settings, the Guest Profile  has access to:

APEX: Knowledge Controller

VF: All PKB Pages

OBJECT: Education Article Type: Read Access

Thanks!

francoisLfrancoisL

Hi, 

The issue was coming from the fact that you didn't grant access to CustomerEducation in Public Acces Settings. There is an issue actually if you use Enhanced Profile User Interface that hide this settings. If you disable tis features, you can grant access to. We are working to solve it. In the meantime, you can use this workaround.

fifedog15fifedog15

OK looking into this, not an issue just a bigger picture question, there are two applications, Syndicate Knowledge and Sample Public Knowledge base.  It appears they 'do the same thing' so what's the difference?

Fifedog

francoisLfrancoisL

At high level, Syndicate Knowledge allow you to integrate a small search box to your knowledge base. Your site be can develop in any language and can be hosted outside of salesforce.

Sample Public KNowledge Base is an example of complete public knowledge base site with search and more hosted by salesforce.

vince301vince301

Hi Francois, I am also getting the same PKB Error: The PKB Site Setup is not configured correctly. Please verify that the category group name is correct and that the group is active.

I have checked all the same setup issues (as above) and I granted access via public access settings. Anything else I can check?

francoisLfrancoisL

Hi,

Did you give access to the data category to Site Guest User?

vince301vince301

Yes I did that and I've been through the setup guide by the book, so really not sure what is causing the error

francoisLfrancoisL

At this stage, the easiest is to enter a support case. Thanks,

AshleyGAshleyG

Hi Francois,

FYI.

I called Salesforce support about this issue and was told point blank that they had no training on and did not support the PKB

francoisLfrancoisL

Hi Ashley, 

Will be be able to share with me the case number? 

I don't know all the context but this package is officially supported by salesforce:

http://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000001gFH9EAM

AshleyGAshleyG

Hi Francois,

Yes - the case # is: 06534689

francoisLfrancoisL

This case is about Service Cloud console. Are you sure that it's the right one?

AshleyGAshleyG

I apologize. The correct number is: 06579341.

BTW - I did receive an email from SFDC support yesterday. I will call back today.

francoisLfrancoisL

Hi, it looks like the case is following the right process and that a salesforce support person tried to contact you. Thanks,

AshleyGAshleyG

Hi Francois,

We go to the bottom of my issue.

FYI

The problem only occured if the url suffix was "knowledge".

I tried a variety of other suffixes (length from 2 to 15 characters, multiple variants of "knowledge" such as "knowledge1") . . .the only time the problem occured was specifically if the word "knowledge" is used.

the-emarketerthe-emarketer

hello ,

in the narrow search, the categories are not being displayed for the main root category. which is active.

help plz

Nic StollNic Stoll
Where is the highlighted text on the PKB Filter being pulled from? I am having a similar issue. I have my root categories displaying, I just don't know where the highlighted text is being pulled from. I would have expected this to be pulled from the Category group name or Parent"Probes" should be "Products"