function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
spaxispaxi 

Milestone PM (Email when assigning a Task)

Hello,

when i assign a task to a resource the resource is not receiving
an email. Is this by design?

Thanks

--silvano

ReidCReidC

Should send an email as long as you have the email box checked in the template AND you haven't otherwised disabled email for the recipient.

spaxispaxi

Dear Reid,

thank you for taking the time to answer my questions on sunday.

I cannot find an email template for the Milestone PM task notification.

Thanks

--silvano

ReidCReidC

No problem.  There's not a special template for it, it's a standard task notification template.

spaxispaxi

Thanks Reid,

do i need to create the emailtemplate for the Milestone Tak, and then create a workflow also? Or this is a builtin

functionality of Milestone PM?

thanks

--silvano 

ReidCReidC

Should be standard functionality.

spaxispaxi

Actually i cannot find the email template? I go under My Email templates and is not there? Where i can find it?

Thanks 

ReidCReidC

Hm -- not sure if it's customizable now that i look.  Here are a couple of help article that might help -- it will definitely send it.

https://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/creating_tasks.htm#topic-title

https://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/customize_layoutcustomize_ple.htm#PageLayoutNotes

spaxispaxi

Dear Reid,

i think you are referring about Salesforce Task, I'm referring about Milestone PM Task. I think are two different things rigth?

Thanks

--silvano

ReidCReidC

Silvano I apologize I had a different app on my brain (Action Plans) even though you clearly stated Milestones PM.  Sorry.  You are correct Milestones PM is outside of the native task framework and any email alerts are separate.  

spaxispaxi

Dear Reid,

no problem at all...

I'm always grateful for your great support.

So there are not in Milestone PM built in email that are sent when a task is assigned to an user, is this correct?

Thanks Again

--silvano

ReidCReidC

That is correct.

Sounds like it would be a great add to the app!!